Whether you work in a factory, on an oil rig or even if you mow lawns for a living, getting the best steel toe boots you can find is of utmost importance. Not only is it a safe way to work, but it can also be a comfortable way to work as well. With the best waterproof work boots and comfortable steel toe boots on your feet, you will be able to work in complete safety and comfort.
Shopping for the most comfortable steel boots isn't always as simple as it seems. Whether you're buying your first pair or your 10th pair of boots, it can often be an overwhelming decision to make. With so many quality American made work boots to choose from, you may find yourself being unable to make a decision. We've narrowed down a list of the very best steel toe boots for men so you can choose from the best while being sure that you're getting quality boots for cheap.
Top 6 Most Comfortable Steel Toe Boots
Tips for Buying the Best Waterproof Work Boots
When shopping for waterproof work boots, you will want to compare a few different options. Some cheap steel toe boots can provide high quality features, while other affordable options can provide very uncomfortable soles and other poor quality finishes. We're going to cover a few tips and features that you will want to consider while shopping for the best waterproof work boots online.
- Waterproof - Obviously, you will want the boots to be waterproof if you work outdoors or in wet environments. However, keep in mind that not all waterproof work boots are the same. Some can only provide waterproof capabilities up to the ankle, others can keep you dry much higher.
- Electric Hazard Resistance - One of the best features to look out for when shopping for the best steel toe boots is electric hazard resistance. This is different from waterproof capabilities. Even though a boot isn't fully waterproof, it can still provide resistance against electrical hazards. As a work boot, this is a must.
- Comfort - The most comfortable work boots don't just have one feature that makes them comfortable to wear. They combine numerous features such as comfortable soles, shafts, tongues, arcs, collars and more. Making all these features padded and comfortable, you will be able to truly enjoy wearing your work boots.
- Slip Resistant - Most quality work boots have a superb slip resistant outsole. These boots provide you with slip resistance against oil, water, grease and all sorts of other slippery surfaces. Regardless of the reason you will be using the boots for, it's a very good idea to spend towards slip resistance work boots.
- Breathable - You will likely be wearing the boots for plenty of hours every time. This means you'll want excellent breathability and mesh lining is one of the best ways to achieve this. Breathable, yet waterproof materials are more difficult to come across, but if you're willing to spend a little extra, you can get the best of both worlds.
Since 1971, the amount of work-related injuries in the USA has decreased by nearly 40%. However, the amount of workers has nearly doubled. Steel toe boots have greatly contributed to this massive decrease in work related injuries.
The best steel toe boots for men have been tested many times. During studies, they have proven to be nearly 3 times safer than regular boots.
Once you know what type of features you're looking for, you may also want to consider the boot style. There are many different types of work boot styles to choose from. Some have shorter collars, some are longer. You can even find steel toe shoes, which look and feel like running shoes, yet provide you with the safety of a steel toe tip. Make sure to keep scrolling for our full reviews of the very best steel toe boots below.
6 Best Steel Toe Boots Reviews
[amazon box="B001R4BY9E"]Among the best steel toe boots for work use on the market is easily the Caterpillar 2nd Shift boots. These boots are not only very affordable, but they also provide a ton of comfort as well. With a thick rubber outsole, a leather exterior and an ankle-cut collar, these work boots are superb, even when wearing them for extended periods of time. The Caterpillar brand is well-known for their high standards and these boots are no exception. If you're looking for waterproof boots that are not only comfortable, but affordable as well, you're going to love the 2nd Shift work boots by Caterpillar.[/amazon]
[amazon box="B078Q5YW7Z"]Another great pair of work boots with steel toes is the Timberland PRO Pitboss series. These boots are not fully waterproof, but they provide resistance to electrical hazards, making them ideal for indoor use such as in factories. The lack of a waterproof membrane makes them much more breathable. The shaft measures approximately 5.5 inches from the arc, giving these boots a total height of about 6 inches. The padded collar provides additional comfortable placing these boots among the more comfortable work boots on the market.[/amazon]
[amazon box="B07592G8BY"]Last but not least is the Condor Dakota pair of work boots that provide you with comfort, affordability and a tall 8-inch collar. Using direct soling technology, these boots provide you with a 100% seamless and glue-less outsole. Among the best steel toe boots on the market, the Condor Dakota boots have extra cushioning, making them the ideal choice when you work long shifts. Even after wearing these boots for 12 hours, your feet will feel great. If you're looking for tall and comfortable work boots, you're going to love the Dakota by Condor series.[/amazon]