Shopping for baby swings online can be a tedious task. There are so many different options available, which can quickly confuse new parents to be. The best rated baby swing will often end up costing you several hundreds of dollars and with few baby swing reviews online, it's difficult to make an educated decision. While baby swings may seem like a simple purchase, your new infant will most likely spend hours in their swing every day and most babies love to sleep in their swings.
Knowing what to look for will make your shopping experience easier and with our baby swing recommendations below, you won't have any issues finding the best baby swings for infants online. We created a superb baby swing comparison chart and we're even providing you with an in-depth look at the top 3 options with our full baby swing reviews at the bottom of this article. Find all the information you need in one spot by browsing our best baby swing recommendations, comparison chart and reviews now.
Top 6 Baby Swing Comparison Chart
Baby Swing Recommendations & Buying Tips
Shopping for the top rated baby swing online will be much easier once you actually know what features your baby truly needs. We're going to make the buying process as easy as possible by providing you with baby swing recommendations and tips so you can quickly find the features that you need and don't need. There's no point in overspending on a fully featured baby swing if your child won't end up using half of those features.
- Battery Capabilities - Most of the best baby swings come with the ability to plug them into an electrical outlet or use battery power. However, some swings only come with the option to plug it into a wall. Being able to use batteries as a power source is a huge perk that most people love. It allows you to bring the swing just about anywhere without having to worry about using extension cords.
- Weight Limit - Another important factor to consider is the weight limit. Most swings are made for children up to 30 pounds, which is more than enough, considering that most infants use a swing for 6 to 8 months. However, if you tend to have heavier babies or if you think that your child will want to continue using it for a longer period of time, you should look into baby swings with higher weight limits.
- Recline - A baby swing that can recline is great because it allows you to place your baby in a flatter position rather than always keeping them in a sitting position. Most of the top rated baby swings come with reclining abilities and some even provide you with multiple reclining positions.
- Speed - The speed is another huge factor to consider and it also should be taken into consideration if you wish to keep your child in the swing for more than 6 months. A baby swing with faster speeds will allow you to rock your baby even as they get heavier. However, swings with slow speeds only are not always strong enough to rock babies as they put on weight.
- Music & Sounds - Make sure that the swing you choose has the ability to play songs or sounds. These are truly soothing for babies and can make it easier than ever for them to fall asleep. Most baby swings can play music and some can even allow you to plug in your own MP3 player via a wire or even wirelessly, allowing you to play your own music through the baby swing.
- Space - One last thing to consider is the amount of space that it will take up. Some are very compact and take up little space in your home, while others can end up taking up a huge chunk of your living area. Make sure you clearly look at the dimensions before ordering it so you don't end up with a swing that need's it own room.
One of the most important things to remember is to never leave your infant in their baby swing for too long. Studies have shown that you should not leave your child in their swing for more than 2 hours at a time, which is the same rule that applies for car seats.
Sleeping in swings is also considered to be a bad thing for children under 4 months. Risks of suffocation are a major reason. However, it's also due to the fact that infants are in more of a sitting position while in a swing and this has an impact on their ability to breath properly. Always keep an eye on your child when they are in a swing.
Now that you know what to look out for in a baby swing, we encourage you to compare baby swings from the chart above. These are the very best baby swings for infants when it comes to affordability, quality of materials and amount of available features. For an even more in-depth look at our top available options, scroll down to instantly read our best baby swing reviews. Enjoy and make sure to comment below with any questions or suggestions!
6 Best Baby Swing Reviews
[amazon box="B01FF8H5Q8"]Among the best baby swings for infants available online, the Fisher-Price My Little Snugabear Cradle 'N Swing is definitely worth looking into. This lightweight swing can easily be carried from one room to another. With 3 unique seating positions, you will be able to choose between rocking your baby side to side or front to back. Two different reclining positions allow you to sit your child as comfortably as possible at all times. With 16 songs and nature sounds available along with volume control settings and easy to use speed control settings, you will always be able to provide your child with the most soothing environment possible. This baby swing by Fisher-Price features a mirror for babies to look at themselves and it's truly one of the best options for calming and relaxing infants. If you're looking for one of the most affordable, yet high quality baby swings on the market, you're going to love the Snugabear Cradle 'N Swing option by Fisher-Price.[/amazon]
[amazon box="B01N1K8Y21"]Another outstanding option to choose from is the Graco Glider Elite Baby Swing, which is available in 3 different colors. This baby swing doubles as a bouncer, making it easy for you to save space and still enjoy the perks of both worlds. One of the unique things about the Graco Glider series is that they tend to have more of a natural glide rather than a swinging motion. This tries to mimic the motion of a mother rocking her baby to sleep. As a compact baby swing and bouncer combo, this unit by Graco is said to take up 40% less space than a traditional baby swing. Along with saving you a ton of space, this swing can allow you to save you money by choosing to either plug it into a wall or use batteries. If you're looking for a quality baby swing that takes up very little space, you're going to love the Graco Glider Elite Baby Swing.[/amazon]
[amazon box="B00I0BVQFO"]Finally we want to cover one of the most impressive baby swings on the market, the 4moms MamaRoo. This baby swing has revolutionized the industry of baby swings with their really exclusive and unique motions. Rather than using a traditional swinging motion, the MamaRoo uses motions such as "Car Ride, Kangaroo, Wave, Tree Swing and more. These unique motions allow you to truly sooth your baby at all times. One of the truly convenient features found on the MamaRoo is that you can wirelessly connect to your smartphone and control all settings from a distance. You can even stream music or sounds from your smartphone to the MamaRoo's built-in speakers. The seat is fully adjustable, allowing you to quickly recline it to the desired height. If you've got a larger budget and want one of the top rated baby swings for infants, you're going to fall in love with the MamaRoo by 4moms. [/amazon]