If you're like most young parents who want more than one child, you'll want to have both kids rather close in age. This allows you to potty train them pretty much at the same time, you get to send them to school around the same time and you essentially get through the difficult toddler stages all at once. However, this also means you'll have to upgrade to the best double strollers for toddler and infant use in order to easily go places with your kids.
Shopping for a stroller is rather simple, but shopping for the top double strollers is a whole other story. With so many popular double strollers to choose from and a ton of different features to compare, making up your mind isn't as simple as it seems. Fortunately, using our double stroller comparison chart, you will quickly be able to compare the best double strollers for toddler and infant. Browse our chart now and keep scrolling for full double stroller reviews below.
Top 6 Double Stroller Comparison Chart
How to Find the Best Stroller for Two Kids
Shopping for the best double strollers online isn't as easy as buying them offline. You can't feel how smoothly they glide and you can't actually place your children in it as a test. However, there are some pretty amazing deals when buying the best top double strollers on the internet. This makes it very attractive to most young parents and for that reason, we are going to cover a few of the basics that you should look out for when buying the best stroller for two kids online.
- Weight Limit - One of the first things you should verify before purchasing a double stroller online is the weight limit. Most strollers will have a 40 pound limit per seat, which equals an 80 pound total limit. This should usually be enough for most parents, but if your toddler weighs more than 40 pounds, you may want to consider getting a stroller with a higher weight limit.
- Types - The type of stroller is another major decision to make. You can either choose a side by side stroller, where both kids sit next to each other, or stroller where one kid sits in front of the other. This comes down to personal preferences, but most people tend to prefer double strollers where one child is in front of the other because they are easier to get through doorways and tighter spaces.
- Car Seat Compatible - If you want one of the best double strollers for infant and toddler, you will certainly want to be able to quickly snap in your baby's car seat. However, if you have twins, you'll want to be able to hook up two car seats. All of the popular double strollers in our comparison chart above allow you to snap in two car seats simultaneously.
- Storage - Another one of the important factors to consider is the storage space. Chances are, with two kids, you will have a very large diaper bag to carry along. The storage bin under the stroller should be large enough to fit your diaper bag and any other items that you will need to carry along.
- Folds Easily - Last but not least, you should consider how easy it is to fold. With two kids, you don't want to spend 20 minutes folding it up and then struggling to get it to fit in your car. Most of the top double strollers provide you with a simple and quick folding mechanism.
In the past 40 years, the amount of twins born each year has nearly doubled. In 1980, an average of 19 births per 1,000 births were twins. Today, roughly 33 twins are born per 1,000 births.
Each year, over 66 billion USD is spent on baby products in North America. This includes strollers, toys, baby care products and more.
Once you've compared all of the features that you do and don't need, you should easily be able to make up your mind by browsing our double stroller comparison chart above. We've included various options that can suit any budget, so browse our chart of the best double strollers for toddler and infant or read our double stroller reviews below for even more information on our top picks.
6 Best Double Stroller Reviews
[amazon box="B01J889IBQ"]Currently one of the best double strollers for infant and toddler on the market is the Contour Options Elite Tandem stroller. The versatility of this popular double stroller allows you to configure it in a large number of ways. You can either sit two toddlers, two infants or even a toddler and an infant. With the ability to easily hook up two car seats, this is one of the best strollers for twins. Large canopy sun shields keep your kids out of direct sunlight and with a 40 pound weight maximum per seat, you will easily be able to keep this stroller for many years to come. The large storage bin under the seats is huge and allows you to easily fit a large diaper bag and accessories. Weighing only 34 pounds and being super simple to fold up, this is one of the top rated double strollers on the market. Along with a super smooth suspension on front and rear wheels, this stroller glides extremely smoothly on any type of terrain. Consider the Contour Options Elite Tandem stroller if you're looking for one of the best strollers for two kids. [/amazon]
[amazon box="B008TKG7FA"]Last but not least is the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller, which easily folds up and fits into most cars. With the ability to use dual car seats simultaneously, this is one of the top rated strollers for twins. One of the cool things about this is you can have one of your toddlers stand on the rear platform, which is great for days out at the zoo, in a shopping mall or other events where you toddler would regularly get on and off the stroller. Trays are easily removable and the parent unit can accommodate two cups. The large basket under the seats provides you with tons of space and the one-touch folding mechanism allows you to quickly store the stroller away when not in use. Find out more about the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double Stroller now; one of the best double strollers for infant and toddler.[/amazon]