When traveling by airplane, taking your luggage onboard can be very convenient. However, you will need some good carry-on bags for this. The best cabin luggage for business travel is easy to carry around, has enough space for your valuables, and can fit in the overhead bin, and for some of us, it must also look good. But finding some cool luggage for guys is not always so easy. With so many options to choose from you might wonder which is the best carry-on luggage for men.
Well, stop wondering and take a look at our list of the best men’s carry-on luggage. Would you rather have it with wheels or no wheels? Do you like carrying your bag on your shoulder, or as a backpack? Whichever your choice is, we found some of the best carry-on luggage for you. Read along and pick the one that best suits your needs.
6 Best Carry-on Luggage for Men Comparison chart
6 Best Carry-on Luggage for Men Comparison chart
There’s lots of cool luggage for guys, but there are some things you should consider when selecting good carry-on bags. For example, the best cabin luggage for business travel will be made from materials that are strong, but also elegant. Also, when buying the carry-on luggage take a look at how many compartments it includes. This will help you keep your items neatly organized, and will prevent you from having to fiddle around searching for your loose change when paying for your soda.
- Wheels – Some of the good carry-on bags have a set of wheels to make them easier to pull or push around. This can be convenient for people who will be taking a long walk, but they also add some extra weight to the bag, which is a factor you must keep in mind. Roller bags are perfect for people who cannot carry heavy loads, and the telescopic handle makes them even more maneuverable. Just make sure that the wheels are well attached to the bag. The last thing you want to deal with on your trip is a travel bag with a broken or loose wheel.
- Straps – If you are not a fan of wheels there is plenty of men’s carry-on luggage that you can carry with a shoulder strap. Just make sure the straps are firmly sewn to the bag and won’t fall off after a couple of trips. The best men’s carry-on luggage will include an additional set of carrying handles which make it easier for two people to share the weight and carry heavy loads; if it doesn’t, better skip it and move to another model.
- Compartments – Having multiple pockets on your carry-on bag is a huge advantage. You can keep your passport and plane ticket in one, ready for boarding, and use the others for any items you might need while you are on the aircraft. The best carry on luggage for men will have a large pocket where you can fit your laptop and its accessories; make sure you have this on yours if you are taking your lap or tablet with you.
- Fabrics – Even though you will be carrying your bag with you, it will still be subjected to bumps and scrapes along the way. It is important to choose a bag sturdy enough to withstand all of this. Stay away from cheap plastic and go for materials like thick canvas or polyester. If it is water-resistant, much better; you never know when you will be caught in a storm without an umbrella.
- Carry-on approved - All of the previous tips will be useless if you end up buying a bag which does not comply with carry-on regulations. Unfortunately, every airline has its own policies, so there is no universal measurement. Give your carrier a call before you travel and research their policy. Our carry-on recommendations meet most airlines' carry-on size requirements, but it is always better to be safe than sorry
Did you know that every day there are at least 20 flights between New York and London? And that is only considering the JFK and Heathrow airports. Add Newark and London Gatwick into the mix, and you now have over 30 daily flights. That´s almost 11,000 each year!
Baggage fees are a huge source of income for airlines. In 2016, U.S. airlines alone collected nearly 4.2 billion USD, with American Airlines being the leader, earning more than 1.1 billion in these fees. Delta, United, and Spirit Airlines followed.
After reading our recommendations, you are now ready to purchase the best men’s carry-on luggage. These are our top 3. Check them out and pick your favorite; buying cool luggage for guys should be easier now with this review.
3 Best Carry On Bags for Men Reviews
[amazon box="B072V2B4FK"]What made this mens carry-on bag reach the top of our list was its versatility. You can use it as a rolling bag since it has a set of wheels and an aluminum alloy telescopic handle which can reach up to 18 inches in height, and can be easily hidden when not in use. If you’re a tall person, you know what a pain it is to be pulling along hand luggage with handles that seem to only reach your knees, so this is a welcomed feature. The wheels are well balanced and very smooth so rolling this bag through the airport is as easy as can be.
It also has a carrying handle and a pair of straps that let you use it as a backpack. Made from oxford fabric with cotton lining, your clothing will be well protected. One thing you will love about this mens carry-on luggage bag is all the extra space you get: three large compartments, one dedicated padded sleeve that can fit your 17” laptop, several interior pockets and mesh pockets, and even a key fob hook. If you are on a short trip, pack all your things inside this bag and forget about paying those checked baggage fees.[/amazon]
[amazon box="B06Y4NNXPX"]If you like traveling in style, this is one of the best men’s carry-on luggage you will find. What’s great about this bag is that it is not only perfect for traveling, but once you are back home you can also use it for going to the gym. It is made of 100% cotton heavy canvas, which is thick and strong enough to carry even heavy loads. For this, there is a set of two carrying handles, and also a removable padded shoulder strap.
What makes this bag different from other men’s carry on luggage are its strong metal buckles and its use of crazy-horse leather to give it a vintage and fashionable look. Crazy-horse leather is not actually made from horses; it is just a name given to full grain leather that has been treated to make it seem aged. It is very popular with horse saddles, which is where the name comes from.
The bag has three front pockets on the outside, plus one back zippered pocket and three more in the inside. The zippers are made from high-grade metal which is rust-resistant. You can easily fit an iPad air in one pocket, and use the rest for your phone and charger, wallet, snacks, and all your extras. It is available in four different colors: black, army green, brown, and gray.[/amazon]
[amazon box="B01FG9WO3K"]Shacke’s carry on bag is made from dragon nylon, which makes it durable and water-resistant. A set of double zippers on the main compartment let you secure your belongings with a TSA lock, and you can carry the bag using its double handles or a removable padded shoulder strap. If you are also traveling with a suitcase that has a trolley handle, use the strap on the back to slide it through it for easier transporting.
The bag is designed to make storing your clothing and accessories quick and simple; it even has a compartment for storing two pairs of shoes without making your clothes dirty. Additionally, there is one side elastic pouch, one front zippered compartment, and an inside hanging pouch. The interior lining is made from a water-resistant fabric that prevents liquids from seeping through the bag. This is very helpful if you have wet clothes inside it.
Even though this carry on bag is super lightweight -less than 2 pounds- it is very sturdy and can easily carry over 40 lb inside it. A stiff board on the bottom keeps it from flexing and makes it feel very solid. It is available in two colors: an elegant pure black and a rich dark gray.[/amazon]