Whether you own half an acre of land or 20 acres, maintaining your lawn during hot summer days is always a tedious task. Push lawn mowers are very affordable, but they require a lot of effort and take so much time. With the top rated riding lawn mowers, you will be able to sit back and relax as you quickly mow your lawn. However, finding a good riding lawn mower for your specific needs isn't always simple.
What is the best riding lawn mower? Well, that really depends on your needs. If you have an average size lawn which is no more than about an acre or two, you will definitely enjoy our comparison chart below. All of our riding lawn mowers reviews below feature amazing ride-on mowers that will allow you to save time, energy and still benefit from a superb lawn. Shop from the top rated riding lawn mowers below and you'll never go back to push mowers ever again!
Top 6 Best Riding Lawn Mowers
Tips for Buying the Best Riding Mowers
Choosing from the best riding mowers will certainly make it easier for you to narrow down the selection to just one. However, in order to compare riding mowers and pick the best one for your needs, you will need to consider a few different factors. We're going to provide you with tips and facts about the top rated riding lawn mowers so you can very easily pick the best option that caters to your needs and budget.
- Blade Size - One of the first things to consider when shopping for riding mowers online is the blade size. Most people will do just fine with a size of 30 to 42 inches. However, if you have more than 1 acre of land, you should consider a larger blade size between 46 to 54 inches. This will allow you to cut more grass with less time.
- Zero-Turn Radius - Zero-turn radius mowers provide you with much more ease when mowing around obstacles such as trees or flower beds. However, they come with a much steeper price tag and cannot provide you with as many utilities as a traditional mower such as being able to haul a small trailers. Consider these only if you mow extremely complex lawns or need a mower for professional use.
- Transmission - There are three types of transmissions available for the top rated riding lawn mowers; manual, automatic and hydrostatic. Manual requires you to manually shift gears in order to achieve different speeds. Automatic is very similar to a car and is controlled via a gas pedal. Hydrostatic is essentially an automatic transmission, but it provides you with a much smoother ride and can last many additional years due to its use of fluid instead of a belt when transferring power to the wheels.
- Horse Power - The HP (horse power) is another essential factor to weigh into your decision. This will determine how much power the mower has to share among all of the components such as the engine, blade speed and more. The higher the HP number, the stronger your mower will be.
- Grass Bag - Many mowers come with a bag attached to the rear or side. This bag allows you to easily pick up the trimmings rather than having to rack them. However, if you trim your lawn regularly, this extra feature probably won't be necessary.
- Comfort - Finally, you should consider the comfort. Some lawn mowers come with cupholders, highly cushioned seats, high back rests and more. Chances are you'll spend at least an hour or two on your mower every week, so factor in the comfort and you'll love your mower even more.
Each year, over 4 billion dollars are spent on riding equipment for lawn care and snow removal.
This massive amount of sales goes to show just how huge of an industry this truly is. Riding equipment allows you to save time and still benefit from a perfectly cut lawn. Purchase a quality ride-on lawn mower and you will be able to keep it for many years to come with proper maintenance.
Once you compared all of the above tips and facts, you should have a pretty good idea about what to look for when shopping for riding lawn mowers online. While riding lawn mowers are rather big, you shouldn't let that stop you from purchasing it online. Sites like Amazon can provide you with free shipping and they also have some pretty amazingly low prices. Browse our ride lawn mowers reviews below to get more information about our top three picks.
3 Best Riding Lawn Mowers Reviews
- The 42 in Reinforced vented deck draws air from the top of the deck, helping to keep the air flow moving under the deck in longer grass You can also mulch or bag with the optional attachments Comes with a 10 yr. Limited Warranty on the deck shell
- The convenient Auto Hydrostatic Transmission makes speed adjustments easy Simply move the Motion Lever on the fender forward to increase ground speed, pull back toward neutral to slow down No need to stop to change speeds, saving you time
- Durability and performance delivered by a 155 HP Briggs & Stratton single cylinder Overhead Valve Engine with an easy to service air filter Design to run cooler and cleaner, delivering more power when needed
- Oscillating Front Axle with a 6 in turning radius for level cutting is coupled with a floating deck, giving you a level cut even in rough terrain and lets you cut closer to smaller trees or obstacles, so there is less trimming to do
- Powered by a 382cc Auto Choke OHV engine with top forward speeds of 4.25 MPH and a 6-speed transmission
- The 30-Inch cutting deck featuring 5 adjustable settings couples the benefits of a standard riding mower with the size of a wide cut walk behind mower
- Designed with an 18-Inch turning radius with 13x5-inch front wheels and 16x6.5-inch rear wheels
- Manual power take-off for fast and easy blade engagement
No products found.
* Last update on 2018-04-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API