Whether you own half an acre of land or 20 acres, maintaining your lawn during hot summer days is always a tedious task. Push lawn mowers are very affordable, but they require a lot of effort and take so much time. With the top rated riding lawn mowers, you will be able to sit back and relax as you quickly mow your lawn. However, finding a good riding lawn mower for your specific needs isn't always simple.
What is the best riding lawn mower? Well, that really depends on your needs. If you have an average size lawn which is no more than about an acre or two, you will definitely enjoy our comparison chart below. All of our riding lawn mowers reviews below feature amazing ride-on mowers that will allow you to save time, energy and still benefit from a superb lawn. Shop from the top rated riding lawn mowers below and you'll never go back to push mowers ever again!
Top 6 Best Riding Lawn Mowers
|Buy Now||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product|
Tips for Buying the Best Riding Mowers
Choosing from the best riding mowers will certainly make it easier for you to narrow down the selection to just one. However, in order to compare riding mowers and pick the best one for your needs, you will need to consider a few different factors. We're going to provide you with tips and facts about the top rated riding lawn mowers so you can very easily pick the best option that caters to your needs and budget.
- Blade Size - One of the first things to consider when shopping for riding mowers online is the blade size. Most people will do just fine with a size of 30 to 42 inches. However, if you have more than 1 acre of land, you should consider a larger blade size between 46 to 54 inches. This will allow you to cut more grass with less time.
- Zero-Turn Radius - Zero-turn radius mowers provide you with much more ease when mowing around obstacles such as trees or flower beds. However, they come with a much steeper price tag and cannot provide you with as many utilities as a traditional mower such as being able to haul a small trailers. Consider these only if you mow extremely complex lawns or need a mower for professional use.
- Transmission - There are three types of transmissions available for the top rated riding lawn mowers; manual, automatic and hydrostatic. Manual requires you to manually shift gears in order to achieve different speeds. Automatic is very similar to a car and is controlled via a gas pedal. Hydrostatic is essentially an automatic transmission, but it provides you with a much smoother ride and can last many additional years due to its use of fluid instead of a belt when transferring power to the wheels.
- Horse Power - The HP (horse power) is another essential factor to weigh into your decision. This will determine how much power the mower has to share among all of the components such as the engine, blade speed and more. The higher the HP number, the stronger your mower will be.
- Grass Bag - Many mowers come with a bag attached to the rear or side. This bag allows you to easily pick up the trimmings rather than having to rack them. However, if you trim your lawn regularly, this extra feature probably won't be necessary.
- Comfort - Finally, you should consider the comfort. Some lawn mowers come with cupholders, highly cushioned seats, high back rests and more. Chances are you'll spend at least an hour or two on your mower every week, so factor in the comfort and you'll love your mower even more.
Each year, over 4 billion dollars are spent on riding equipment for lawn care and snow removal.
This massive amount of sales goes to show just how huge of an industry this truly is. Riding equipment allows you to save time and still benefit from a perfectly cut lawn. Purchase a quality ride-on lawn mower and you will be able to keep it for many years to come with proper maintenance.
Once you compared all of the above tips and facts, you should have a pretty good idea about what to look for when shopping for riding lawn mowers online. While riding lawn mowers are rather big, you shouldn't let that stop you from purchasing it online. Sites like Amazon can provide you with free shipping and they also have some pretty amazingly low prices. Browse our ride lawn mowers reviews below to get more information about our top three picks.
3 Best Riding Lawn Mowers Reviews
At the top of our list is the Husqvarna YTA18542 ride-on lawn mower. At one of the top rated riding lawn mowers for home use, this mower comes equipped with a 42-inch blade length, perfect for yards between 1 to 2 acres. The CVT (continuously variable transmission) provides you with an automatic transmission that rides smoothly and is easy to maintain. Using air induction technology, each cut is consistent, providing you with a beautiful cut grass. One of the great perks on this lawn mower is the deck wash port, which allows you to easily connect your hose and wash the underside of the mower without having to lift it up or flip it over. If you're looking for a good riding lawn mower that also comes with a 3-year warranty, you're going to love this mower by Husqvarna.
Yard Machines 13B2775S000
Another excellent pick to choose from when comparing ride-on lawn mowers is the Yard Machines 13B2775S000, which comes with a 2-year warranty. Available for under $2,000, this mower will provide you with a smooth ride due to the 7-speed gear shift and the 420cc of power. Whether you want to haul word, gravel or even cement with this mower, the powerful engine will make it possible. The comfortable seat is very well cushioned, making it a true pleasure to ride around on this for hours. The 42-inch blade is more than enough for most home owners and this Yard Machines riding lawn mower is actually very efficient when mowing on hills or around obstacles. Learn more about this mower and see why it's one of our top picks at CompareSix.
Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series
Last but not least is the Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series mower, which provides you with a decent price tag and a full 3-year warranty. The front LED headlights make it easy for you to ride around at sunset and the comfortable high-rise seat provides additional lumbar support. With a hydrostatic engine, you will enjoy a premium ride along with ease maintenance and a mower that will last much longer than most. This mower is also equipped with a 42-inch blade, making it ideal for most homeowners. One of the great things about Cub Cadet is that you can purchase additional add-ons such as a snow-thrower or snow-blade, which can easily be attached to the front for winter months. We love the Cub Cadet XT1 Enduro Series and we guarantee that it's one of the top riding lawn mowers for home use.