One of the most useful tools in your arsenal when renovating your home or when tackling woodworking projects is a miter saw. Finding the top rated miter saws for home use isn't always an easy task. With numerous features to compare and with many different price ranges, it can get rather confusing. If you aren't sure which miter saw to pick, we've got you covered. We found the very best miter saws for home use and we've created a useful comparison chart below.
We encourage you to browse our chart to compare miter saws and find the best one for your specific needs and budget. We also create full miter saw reviews, which you can read towards the bottom of this page. It's important to gather as much information as you can in order to make an educated decision. With very affordable solutions available, you won't have to overspend while still enjoying one of the top rated miter saws in your home.
6 Top Rated Miter Saws
What is the Best Miter Saw & Buying Tips
With our handy miter saw comparison chart above, you should easily be able to find the top rated miter saws for your needs. We're also going to cover some of the main features that you'll want to keep in mind when buying miter saws online. Many perks are unnecessary for most homeowners unless you plan on using the miter saw for professional use. Explore our miter saw buying tips below.
- Blade Size - The size of the blade is one of the most important factors to consider. Most miter saws for home use will have blade sizes between 10" to 12". These are both excellent options. If you plan on cutting larger materials, 12" should be the best bet. Avoid choosing any blade smaller than 10" simply to save money, because you will find it quite limited when it comes time to cut different materials.
- Angle - Another thing to consider is the angle at which the saw can cut. Most miter saws can cut at a 45 degree angle on one side, but only higher end products can cut at 90 degree angles (45 degrees on each side). This can come in extremely handy, especially for homeowners who aren't exactly experts at cutting perfect angles.
- Sliding Blade - If the blade size is not quite large enough for the materials that you plan on cutting, a sliding blade is a great option worth considering. This can double the cutting width, since once the blade reaches the bottom, you can then slide it towards you to continue cutting. This is a very handy feature that can come in useful down the line.
- Laser Guide - Having a laser that guides you can be extremely useful for people who have trouble making precision cuts. The laser will essentially guide you through perfect cuts so you always get the most precision out of your miter saw. If you're in need of great precision and don't feel like you can achieve perfect cuts without it, a laser can be a great feature to pay extra for. However, if you already make great cuts, it's not a necessary perk.
According to ToolCrib, miter saws are the 11th most dangerous power tools on the market, right after circular saws and radial arm saws.
It's important to remain safe at all times when working with power tools. Do not attempt to bypass the guard or other safety measures. You should also use clamps at all times to secure the boards or material that you are cutting. Also make sure to use a blade that is in good condition at all times.
Now that you know what to look for, you should consider reading our full miter saw reviews below. We're providing you with an in-depth look at the 3 top rated miter saws that were listing in our chart above. These are currently the best options on the market when considering budget, quality, amount of features and durability. If you're still unsure about which miter saw to purchase, these 3 options can certainly get the job done.
6 Best Miter Saw Reviews
- 15 Amp motor, intense power for the toughest cutting jobs
- 0-52 degree miter angle range, to the right and left for increased flexibility
- 0-45 degree bevel range, to the left with adjustable bevel stops for precision cuts
- Horizontal handle with soft, vibration reducing Elastomer grip adds comfort and control
- MULTIPURPOSE CUTTING: Patented multipurpose cutting technology allows you to make compound miter cuts in mild steel, aluminum, plastics, and wood; with the included blade.
- MINIMAL SPARKS, BURRS & HEAT: Cut through 6mm mild steel with no heat, no burrs & virtually no sparks, leaving an instantly workable finish unlike alternate methods.
- SIMPLE & ACCURATE MITER CUTTING: Features a 45 degree L&R miter system with 9 positive stops. A 0-45 degree bevel tilt, allows for bevel cuts and compound cuts.
- SLIDING MITER CUTS: Slide mechanism allows for 90 degree cuts of up to 11-13/16 inches wide and 45 degree cuts of up to 8-1/4 inches wide. Comes with laser guidance for optimum accuracy.
* Last update on 2018-04-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API