When shopping for the baby crib mattresses online, you don't necessarily need to buy the best baby mattress brand or opt for the most expensive option. Many of the top rated baby mattresses for cribs are very affordable. You simple have to know what to look for when shopping for crib mattresses online.
Crib mattress ratings are varied and knowing what to look for will make your buying decision a lot easier. Most parents are overwhelmed as it is - choosing the best video baby monitors, the best car seats and a million other things, you don't want to add another stress on top of it all. That's why we're providing you with a baby crib mattress comparison chart as well as crib mattress recommendations and full crib mattress reviews. Choose the quality and affordable baby mattresses below to save money while providing your infant with a quality sleep environment.
Baby Crib Mattress Comparison Chart
Crib Mattress Recommendations
When it comes time to buy your little one a crib mattress, considering the following crib mattress recommendations will make your buying decision much easier to accomplish. Buying the best baby mattress isn't the same as buying adult mattresses. While most adults prefer a plush mattress, the top rated baby mattresses should always be firm. Many other factors should be considered, so here is a brief overview of what to look out for.
- Hypoallergenic - Many new baby mattresses are made from 100% hypoallergenic materials. This is a huge plus to consider as it can prevent breathing difficulties for your little one. While not all babies have allergy-related issues, you might as well not take any chances by opting for a hypoallergenic baby mattress if your budget allows it.
- Firmness - As mentioned above, the firmness is one of the most important factors to consider. A baby crib mattress should always be firm. Never choose a plush foam or mattress, as that can cause breathing difficulties and it's not ideal for their formation of their bones.
- Washable - Probably one of the most crucial things to consider, whether or not it can easily be washed. From vomit to milk spills, you'll have to clean your baby's mattress on a regular basis. Having a washable and waterproof membrane is of utmost importance.
- Breathability - While not required, a breathable mattress is certainly a plus. Good breathability makes it easier for your infant to breath even when lying on their stomach and it also prevents sweat build-up. If overheating is a concern, you should probably spend a little extra towards a breathable crib mattress.
Babies sleep on average 58% of each day. That's 14 to 16 and a half hours for infants up until the age of 6 months. A quality crib mattress is an important and crucial investment.
The top rated baby mattresses for cribs are easy to wash, waterproof, breathable and firm. Fortunately, you don't have to spend a fortune for quality mattresses for babies. The baby mattress comparison chart above should make it easy for you to find a quality mattress that suits your budget. We're also providing the best crib mattress reviews below so you can learn more about the top available options.
6 Best Crib Mattress Reviews
The removable outer layer is completely washable and waterproof, keeping the core dry at all times and making it easy to wash off spills and messes. If you’re looking for one of the best baby mattresses on the market and you have a steep budget, the Newton Crib Mattress is one of the best options available.
Two different foam densities make up the core with a natural fire barrier exterior and a medical-grade nylon cover. The outer layer is waterproof and while this mattress is not breathable, it provides a firm and secure sleeping surface for infants. Consider the Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer if you're looking for a premium mattress for infants and toddlers.
This hypoallergenic baby crib mattress is extremely breathable and lightweight, reducing the risks of suffocation. This firm, yet spring-free mattress is among the top rated baby mattresses for cribs and is one of the most affordable options on the market.
- HIGH-DENSITY SOYBEAN FOAM-CORE - The original award-winning mattress that uses renewable soybeans to help create a firm foam for infants and toddlers. Lightweight yet ultra-durable soybean foam-core uses a percentage of natural and renewable soybeans grown by American farmers, providing the right amount of firmness and comfort for infants and toddlers
- FEEL GOOD FOAM --The foam used throughout is CertiPur-US Certified foam made in the USA. It is made without phthalates, lead, mercury, formaldehyde, PBDES, TDCPP or TCEP flame retardants that may be a concern in non-certified foams
- WATERPROOF SURFACE & BINDING - Reinforced embossed waterproof and stain-resistant cover with lock-stitched binding helps to keep liquids from seeping inside while household allergens like dust and dander will wipe away instead of clinging to the mattress surface
- SAFETY & QUALITY TESTED -- Firmness, durability and crib fit tested, passes American Society for Testing and Materials Crib Mattress Standards; this entire crib mattress is GREENGUARD Gold certified for indoor air quality and tested for chemicals to help create a healthier sleeping environment for your baby
- 2017 Women's Choice Award as Amerca's Most Recommended Brand for Crib & Toddler Mattress
- High density thermo-bonded core, made from polyester fibers, provides firm support
- Hypoallergenic, free of phtalates and lead
- 100% Vinyl outer cover resists odors, stains and is water resistant for easy clean-ups
- Standard size orthopedic style six inch thick dual firmness lightweight foam crib mattress fits all standard size cribs and toddler beds
- GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified. The toughest GREENGUARD standard - passes all standards for indoor air quality and more than 10,000 volatile organic compounds.
- Dual firmness offers very firm support for infants and greater comfort for toddlers
- Hypoallergenic and phthalate free
* Last update on 2018-04-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API