Who would have thought that a video sharing website that was launched in 2005 would become the monster that it is nowadays? From videos of cats recorded with an old cell phone to professional documentaries that have won all kinds of awards, you can find videos about anything you can imagine on YouTube.
One of the main factors that has helped this site gain its popularity is its simplicity to upload any video you have recorded. All you need is a good YouTube camera to capture your work, and in just a few minutes you can make it available for the whole world to watch. And since YouTube has an advertising program that allows the uploader to earn some money every time someone plays the video, creating content is a way of making a living for many YouTubers.
If you are interested in recording content with high-quality, you need to invest in the best camera for filming YouTube videos. Some are good for streaming from your desktop or laptop; others are great at recording stuff on the go, and the best camera for YouTube recording will usually allow for both. These are some good cameras for filming YouTube videos that are both affordable and easy to use; check out our reviews and decide on which one suits your needs the best.
Top 6 Cameras for Recording Live Videos Comparison
YouTube Camera Buying Guide & Recommendations
A good starter camera for YouTube doesn’t need to be expensive. Most models can record in high-quality and are perfect for getting your first files ready to upload. But there are some recommended features you should look for before choosing a camera to make YouTube videos if you want them to look and sound great, and these are some of the main ones:
Creating popular videos can mean lots of fans and money. Yuya, a 23-year-old Mexican beauty vlogger, has 18 million subscribers on her YouTube channel. She has even been featured in Vogue and on many Mexican TV channels. DanTDM, who posts videos of him playing Minecraft, has over 14 million subscribers, and Whinderssonnunes,a Brazilian YouTube star, has more than 17 million.
In December 2016, Forbes published a list of the highest paid YouTube stars, with PewDiePie, who does nothing but act goofy and record himself playing video games, taking the #1 spot. Thanks to his 55 million subscribers, PewDiePie earned an estimated $15 million that year.
YouTube is the second most popular website in the world according to Alexa Internet, a web analysis company (the most popular one is Google.com). It is bigger than Yahoo, Bing, and Ask put together.
Every minute, there are more than 400 hours of content uploaded to YouTube, and over one billion hours are played every single day. The website can be navigated in over 75 languages, which covers about 95% of the Internet population.
- Weight -If you will be recording your videos outdoors, weight is one factor to consider. Pick a camera that is heavy, and you will soon get tired when recording. A light, portable camera can also be carried around in a pocket or small bag, which makes it ideal if you will be moving or walking a lot.
- Zoom - Although digital zoom can make your picture “noisy” under dim light, sometimes it is a useful tool. It all depends on what you are filming, and sometimes a close up can make a huge difference in the way you express your idea. Good YouTube cameras will usually include a digital zoom in their features, with 16x being the most common.
- HQ Microphone -Video quality is important, but so is audio. There is no point in recording a great video if no one can hear what is being said, so look for cameras with good microphones. The best HD cameras for YouTube will have what is known as a “hot shoe,” where you can connect an external microphone for improved sound quality.
- Image Resolution -Not so long ago you needed to pay quite a lot for a camera that was capable of recording video in high-definition. Today, as technology has advanced, even the most affordable camera is capable of recording HD video. Look for at least 1080p, which is now the standard for Full HD.
- Image Stability -Few things can be as frustrating as trying to watch a video recorded by someone with shaky hands. To avoid this, look for any stabilization feature. This will also be very helpful when you are recording while doing activities with lots of movement.
Reviews of the 3 Best Cameras for Recording YouTube Videos
The device can keep recording while it is charging, so if you are low on battery just plug in a power bank through the mini-USB port and forget about interruptions. 16x digital zoom lets you enlarge the picture, which you can quickly check on a 3” color LCD that can rotate 270 degrees.
Instead of the typical built-in microphone, this camera includes an extended mic that dramatically improves the sound. If you’d like to live stream video, just connect the camera to your computer with the included USB cable and use it as a webcam. The HDV-301M is backed by a 12-month warranty, and measuring 8.1 x 8.1 x 5.5 inches will comfortably fit in your hand.
Good sound is as important as good video, and this camera has two omnidirectional mics that capture clear, non-dropping stereo audio from every angle. Instead of plastic, this camera has a full glass lens for extra-clarity. Add an autofocus system and you get smooth and razor-sharp images all the time.
One feature you might find useful is the background removal option. Powered by Personify, you can add your live image in the game without having to use a green screen. Included with the camera is a 6-month XSplit license, which gives you access to audio and video mixing applications that will let you create live broadcasts with professional quality.
The camera is compatible with the latest Windows versions, Mac OS x 10.9 or later, Android 5.0 or above, and Chrome OS.
This camera has a hot shoe available to attach an external microphone for enhanced sound quality. Video can be recorded in Full HD, and you have a 16x digital zoom for any close-ups you might need. It supports an SD card of up to 64GB and has a powerful LED light that lets you record in low-light conditions.
Keep track of what you’ve recorded by playing it back on the 3-inch LCD touchscreen. A remote control is included so you can record from a distance, perfect for capturing wildlife footage. This is made even better when you sync the camera to your cell phone via Wi-Fi; everything that is being recorded can be streamed over to your phone.
You can also use this device as a photo camera; its Sony IMX179 8MP sensor can capture images at 24 megapixels. When you purchase this camcorder you get not one, but two batteries; if one dies, put it in the charger and use the other one for minimal interruptions. It is small and lightweight and has a hand strap to make it easier to grip. Every button is close to your fingers, so it takes just a slight touch to zoom in and out or to pause the recording.
- Stream to Vimeo, Livestream, Facebook, YouTube, Periscope and Twitter in up to Full HD 1080p from virtually anywhere over Wi-Fi or LTE.
- Your mobile device is now your personal video editing suite - zoom, pan and cut with Ease, all from a single camera & app. Available for Android (6 or higher) and iOS (9.3 or higher).
- New - 802.11ac Wi-Fi chip with 2x2 MIMO antennas delivers faster data transmission speeds, stronger Wi-Fi performance and increased range.
- 150º all-glass Lens and Sony 4K/ 12MP CMOS sensor enables recording in stunning 4K or streaming in up to full 1080P HD.
- 【4K CAMCORDER】 - 30X digital zoom and electric image stabilizer helps provide outstanding, steady videos. Support zoom in/out while as a webcam and you can do a streaming video share to your friend.
- 【WIDE ANGLE LENS】 - 2 in 1 HD 72mm professional 0.39x super wide angle lens (with macro lens portion). Filter lens can be installed. Aluminum alloy and optical glass material.
- 【WIFI FANCTION】 - Built-in Wifi, use your phone or tablet to finish the connection. Open "LzxViewer" APP to control camcorder: playback, record, photo, download files. WiFi effective range ≤ 9.8 feet.
- 【NEW ADVANTAGE】 - 5.0MP Sony CMOS sensor, 4K ultra hd video record, max 24MP interpolation resolution, 2 LED lamps, 3.0 inches TFT LCD touch screen.
- Besteker new camcorder: Supports 270 degree rotation with 3.0 inches tft-lcd and fill-in infrared light
- Coms sensor camera: Max to 24 mega pixels, big storage media up to 32 gb, supports standard tripod and SD/sdhc card
- Long lasting battery: 1*np-40, 3.7v 1250 mah li-ion battery (included)
- Camcorder features: Hd camera camcorder, face capture, auto power-off, anti-shake, with internal microphone, speaker, led light, usb2.0 & tv output
* Last update on 2018-02-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API