When caring for your children, nothing's better than a top rated baby video monitor. However, quality video baby monitors are expensive and some of the cheaper models are simply terrible. Finding the best baby video monitors are affordable rates is a task that can seem next to impossible. Plus, it's almost impossible to guess which monitors actually work well until you buy them.
With our help, you can take the guesswork out of buying the best affordable baby monitor for your children. We have tested a bunch of different baby video monitors under $150 and we've compiled a list of the best ones available. Whether you need one camera or two, we've got your covered. Check out our chart of the top rated baby monitors with video capabilities and make sure to read our baby monitor reviews at the bottom of this page.
Top 6 Baby Video Monitors Under $150
|Range||800 feet||590 feet||1000 feet||600 feet||960 feet||150 feet|
|Buy Now||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product|
Best Baby Cam Features
If you're searching for the best affordable baby monitor on the market, you're going to have to make some compromises. The best baby monitors are not affordable, however, there are many video monitors under $150 that can provide you with an amazing experience. We've created a list of some of the main features that you should look out for when comparing baby monitors. Pick the features that you absolutely need and find a monitor that suits your needs above.
- Night Vision - One of the most important features for most parents is night vision. Chances are, you'll be using the baby monitor 90% of the time during the night. This makes it essential for you to actually be able to see your child. Some monitors have stronger night vision than others, allowing you to place the camera further away from the child.
- Pan/Tilt/Zoom - Not all baby cams will include the pan/tilt/zoom feature. This is incredibly important for most parents because you want to be able to quickly locate your child at all times. This may not be an issue with young babies, but as your child grows up and starts to crawl, you will love the pan/tilt/zoom feature.
- Talk Back - Most of the best baby cam monitors include a feature that allows you to communicate with your child. This can come in handy when they have trouble sleeping and you want to reassure them without having to walk into their room.
- Range - The range of the camera is incredibly important if you intend on walking around the house or outdoors. If you always keep the monitor nearby, this shouldn't be an issue. However, if you move around a lot and if you have a large house, consider opting for a camera with a longer range.
- Screen Size - Another one of the important things for most parents is the size of the screen. A large screen makes it much easier for you to see your children from further away. Whether your busy cooking in the kitchen or watching television, you may not always be right next to the camera. With a larger screen, you will be able to see your children from longer distances.
More than just for babies!
Baby video monitors can actually serve many other purposes. While you may feel like it's a large investment for just a few years of surveillance, think again. Many people use their video monitors as home surveillance once their child has grown up.
Video monitors that allow you to access the feed from a mobile phone or desktop computer such as Motorola monitors with their Hubble app, allows you to really keep an eye on your house in general at all times.
Another excellent use for baby video monitors is to keep an eye on aging relatives. Whether your grandmother wants to feel safer when she's home alone or even if you want to keep an eye on your dogs while your gone, video monitors are incredibly useful.
We suggest that you choose a few features that you truly need and then pick the best baby cam with those features. That will allow you to save a ton of money by only paying for the features that you will actually be using. The top baby monitors on the market can cost up to $1,000, but by cutting down on some features that you would most likely never even use, you can easily get the best value baby monitor for your needs.
3 Best Baby Monitor Reviews
Summer Infant Wide View 2.0
Among the best video baby monitors under $150 on the market, the Summer Infant WIDE VIEW 2.0 has a ton of awesome features. With the press of a button you can talk back to your baby, you can turn on nursery songs and much more. One of the really cool features about this best baby cam is the integrated nightlight in the nursery camera unit. With one of the best nocturnal vision features in the price range and with a very wide view display, seeing your baby is a breeze. Summer Infant really hit the nail on the head with this baby monitor and we guarantee that you'll love it.
Another one of the top rated baby monitors with video capabilities is the Motorola MBP36S. This camera is very easy to use, has a pan/tilt/zoom feature that's very responsive and the handheld unit has a stunning 3.5" crisp display. Talk to your baby with the press of a button, enjoy out-of-range alerts and a very strong night vision feature. The Motorola MBP36S looks great and the parent unit is small enough to carry around with you around the household. One of the best things about Motorola baby monitors is that you can connect them to the Motorola Hubble app and stream the camera feeds from your smartphone.
Last but not least is the VTech VM342-2, which has a ton of features at a very affordable price range. One of the major benefits of this device is that it comes with 2 cameras at under $150. Enjoy on-screen temperature readings, the ability to talk back to your child and automatic night vision. The 4.3" LCD screen provides you with beautiful and crisp visuals of your children at all times. With a promised 1,000-foot range, the VTech VM342-2 is one of the best video baby monitors if you move around a lot in and out of the house.