Keeping your floors clean is seemingly simple. Just pass the broom, mop it every now and again and you're done. This changes drastically when you have pets or kids in the house. The accumulation of food on the floor and pet hair can seem like an impossible task to clean. Even if you don't have children or pets, keeping your hardwood floors impeccable isn't always the easiest task to accomplish.
With the best vacuum for hardwood floors by your side, the task becomes much easier to complete. Not all carpet vacuum cleaners are ideal for hardwood floors because they don't have the same amount of protection and can end up scratching your floors within minutes of use. For that reason, it's important that you compare the best vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors and find the ideal solution for your house.
There are many different options available on the market. If you have a mix of hardwood floors and carpets in your home, you'll want to choose an all-in-one vacuum that is capable of quickly transitioning between floor types. However, if you only have hard surfaces such as wood floors and tile, you'll want to consider one of the options below. Browse our selection of the top rated vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors and keep reading for buying tips and recommendations.
Top 6 Vacuum Cleaners Comparison Chart
Hardwood Floor Vacuum Buying Guide & Recommendations
- Cordless vs. Corded - Cordless vacuum cleaners are often available for hardwood floors since they often require less time to clean. This makes battery power more than enough to get the job done. Cordless vacuums are also ideal for cleaning in stairways and in hard to reach areas. However, corded vacuums offer more power and don't require the hassle of having to constantly recharge the battery pack.
- Bagless - Most vacuum cleaners these days come equipped with bagless technology. This allows you to quickly empty out the canister without having to purchase new bags every few uses. However, there are still a few bagged vacuum cleaners on the market, so we recommend ensuring that you get yourself a bagless vacuum.
- Weight - One of the important aspects to consider when purchasing a vacuum cleaner is the weight. If you only have a one-floor house or if you live in an apartment or condo, this shouldn't be an issue. However, if you have multiple levels or stair cases, you will want to get yourself a lightweight vacuum cleaner that can easily be transported.
- Canister vs. Stick - There are two main variations when it comes to vacuum cleaner types - canister and stick. Canister vacuums have a main vacuum motor area and then a tubing part that provides great flexibility. Stick vacuum cleaners are usually all one piece and provide less flexibility, but are usually easier to store away.
There are a few different features to look out for when shopping for vacuum cleaners. You will want to consider the suction power, which will determine how much debris the machine can pick up. Another feature to look into is the amount of tips that can be attached. These allow you to have much more versatility, providing you with the ability to clean more types of surfaces. Finally, the softness of the cleaning brushes is important to consider when vacuuming hardwood floors in order avoid scratches.
Best Vacuum Cleaner Brands
- Dirt Devil
6 Best Vacuum Cleaners for Hardwood & Carpet Reviews
- Lift-Away. Press a button to lift the canister away and easily clean hard-to-reach areas.
- Hard Floor HeroTM. Picks up surface litter and stuck-on debris, providing superior bare floor cleaning.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology + a HEPA filter. Traps 99.9% of dust and allergens inside the vacuum.
- Powerful and lightweight. Portable and versatile at 13.7 lbs.
- Captures debris along edges and in tight spaces-- no attachments or broom needed
- The V shape directs larger debris into the center suction path, while the ends of the V capture small, fine debris
- Easily cleans around furniture legs and on low pile area rugs
- Swivel head allows you to easily clean around furniture legs;Hose Length: No Hose
- 600W 2 in 1 stick vacuum cleaner with 15kpa powerful suction, provides efficient vacuuming on marble, tile and hardwood floors. Picks up all kinds of crumbs, pet hair, dust and even cat litter
- Removable 1.0L large dirt cup, easy to empty and disassembled for cleaning. Clean in one pass with a 19.7ft quick release power cord and a crevice tool
- Advanced cyclone HEPA filtration system, effectively spins dust away from motor and keeps the powerful suction, reduces allergy and bacteria, ideal for home with pets and children
- 4.6lb ultra lightweight vacuum cleaner with non-slip handle. Flexible swivel steering allows for easy cleaning around and under furniture. Equipped LED front light helps to clean at dark unseen areas
- LINX Cordless Fade-Free Lithium-Ion Battery System - Interchangeable batteries provide cordless freedom to clean anywhere
- WindTunnel Technology - Creates channels of suction to lift and remove surface debris and deeply embedded dirt
- Extreme Recline Handle - Reaches under furniture for easier access without having to move things around
- Edge Cleaning Bristles - Removes dirt, dust and pet hair up against those hard-to-reach edges
- Multi-Cyclonic Technology for excellent suction for longer. Power Cord Length: 18 feet
- Hard floor Turbine foot is tough on dirt, gentle on your floors. Power Rating: 9.2 amps
- Multi-surface foot for excellent pickup on Area rugs and carpeted floors in your home
- The easy empty dirt tank opens from the bottom for no-mess disposal. Brush System: Rotating Clear Window
- The BISSELL Symphony Pet All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop lets you vacuum and steam clean your floors at the same time. The Symphony Pet All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop is designed to vacuum and steam your hard floors. It is safe to use on hard flooring such as sealed hard wood floors, ceramic tile, vinyl, marble and stone
- Easy Touch Digital Controls allow you to quickly choose between low-steam, high-steam, and vacuum modes
- Exclusive Drop-IT technology gives you no-hassle, hands-free tank emptying of messes and pet hair and tank capacity is 12.8 ounces
- Features stronger suction for improved pickup. Heater warm-up time is 30 seconds. Power cord length is 25 feet.
* Last update on 2018-04-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API