When renovating your kitchen, stainless steel sinks will most likely become the option of choice. While choosing stainless steel is a simple decision to make, deciding between overmount or undermount is a whole other task. Both kitchen sink types have their benefits, but undermount sinks often give off a more luxurious feel and design, making them the preferred choice in newer homes and in renovations.
If you plan on installing an undermount sink in your kitchen, you're going to love our list of the best undermount stainless steel kitchen sinks. It's not just about picking the best kitcehn sink brands - you'll have a ton of different aspects to consider when choosing the best kitchen sinks. Fortunately, our comparison chart and our undermount sink reviews will make your decision so much easier to make.
Top 6 Undermount Kitchen Sinks
Undermount vs Topmount Kitchen Sinks
Choosing a new kitchen sink will often become an overwhelming decision. There are so many factors to consider and one of the biggest decisions you'll have to make is whether you want an undermount or topmount sink. We're going to cover the main differences so you can make up your mind with more ease and make the proper choice for your specific counter type.
- Design - One of the main differences between the two types is the design. Undermount sinks are flush with the countertop, creating a beautiful finish, whereas top mount kitchen sinks overlap on top of the counter, creating an elevated surface.
- Installation - Installing an top mount kitchen sink is rather simple and can be completed in 30 minutes to an hour. On the other hand, undermount sinks are more complicated to install for do-it-yourself homeowners, so you should leave it up to professionals.
- Cost - The price of a topmount sink is often much lower than an undermount sink. If you're on a tight budget, you should probably opt for a topmount sink. However, we have added a few very affordable undermount sinks in our comparison review chart above.
- Cleaning - One of the main benefits of installing an undermount sink is that it's flush with the countertop, making it very easy for you to clean up. Wiping your counters is much easier than with a top mount kitchen sink, which has an uneven edge.
In 2015, over 68% of homeowners reported having stainless steel sinks in their kitchens. Only 7% had porcelain sinks.
When renovating their kitchens, 44% of homeowners reported replacing their current sink with a double bowl sink. 33% replaced it with a single bowl sink and 27% with a farmhouse-style sink.
There are a few pros and cons for both types of sinks, but one thing that's crucial to keep in mind is that you should most likely leave the installation of undermount sinks up to professionals. Unless you have done it before or feel highly confident, you should hire a local contractor for the installation. A poorly installed undermount sink can cause issues down the road, even if the job seems well-done at first.
3 Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Reviews
Made from 16 gauge stainless steel and with built-in NoiseDefense technology, you’re going to love having this beautiful addition in your kitchen. This heavy duty undermount kitchen sink is one of the best options currently available on the market so check it out and you won’t be disappointed.
This premium sink is made from 16 gauge 304 grade stainless steel and features heavy duty sound guard padding with undercoating. The sharp corners give this undermount sink a modern look that you will fall in love with. Learn more about the Ruvati RVH8350 now.
If you’re looking for a very modern appearance in your kitchen and if you love large double bowl sinks, you won’t want to miss out on this one. The Perfetto Kitchen and Bath KS0066 is definitely among the best undermount stainless steel kitchen sinks.
- Premium t-304 stainless Steel construction
- Sound insulated with thick rubber dampening pads & stone guard undercoating
- Non-porous corrosion-resistant surface
- Commercial-grade Satin finish
- Frigidaire Professional series luxurious commercial grade 16 gauge stainless steel undermount sink with LIFETIME warranty
- Minimum cabinet size 36", works with all granite, marble, quartz and solid surface counters
- Sleek, tight 10mm radius corner design with V-Therm ShieldTM technology for sound minimization
- FREE roll-up over the sink stainless steel dish drying rack, stainless steel bowl bottom grids, basket strainers, mounting hardware, and template
- Contemporary Undermount style
- Durable 18-Guage grade T-304 Stainless Steel Construction
- Corrosion, stain, and scratch resistant with noise reduction
- UPC, cUPC Certified
* Last update on 2018-04-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API