Finding the best smartphone on the market is an impossible task to accomplish. There are tons of great smart phones available and in the end, it comes down to personal taste. You may prefer a larger screen whereas someone else may prefer smaller sized phones for ease of transportation. With so many different specs and details to compare, knowing which smartphone is the best can prove to be very difficult.
We've compiled a list of the top rated smartphones and we included basic information about each one of them. This will allow you to quickly compare the best smartphones on the market today. Along with our very useful and simple to use smartphone comparison chart, you will find full smartphone reviews of the top 3 options at the bottom of this page.
Top 6 Smartphones of 2017
Similarities Between Top Rated Smartphones
When shopping for the best smartphone on the market, you will often notice similarities when comparing top rated phones. The best phones often share similar processors, operating systems and sometimes even the overall design. Here is a brief list of things you may notice when comparing different smartphones.
- Design - Often, high quality phones will have similar designs. This is because people prefer slightly rounded edges, while keeping sharp and clean lines. Some phones, like the Sony Xperia line or even Blackberry phones, will stand out from the crowd, but these are less common.
- Processor - Most industry-leading smartphones will share the same processor power and performance. Some of the main leaders may have a slight performance advantage, while other phones may be specialized in gaming performances, but overall, you shouldn't notice much of a difference when comparing the top rated smartphones.
- Screen Quality - Cheaper phones will tend to have screens that are made from poor quality, but the high-end phones tend to have similar types of Gorilla Glass screens. However, don't confuse screen quality with resolution or pixel counts.
- Cameras - Most smartphones out right now have 12 MP cameras. This is pretty much the industry standard and you shouldn't be disappointed with the quality regardless of the phone you pick. However, some phones do specialize in photography and some, like the Sony Xperia Z5, can provide you with stunning and amazing photographs.
In 2015, over 39% of all smartphone users owned an iPhone. Over 51% of mobile phone users owned an Android based device.
Blackberry is at a minority with only 8% and Nokia is dead last with just over 2%.
Once you know what main features you're looking for in a smartphone, the decision will become much easier to make. Determine what your priority is. Do you want a strong camera because you enjoy taking loads of photos or do you prefer a phone that can synchronize seamlessly with your other devices? Whether you need ultra-strong performance or a lightweight and durable phone, the decision will become very simple to make once you set your priorities straight. To kick things off, we've written out reviews for the 3 best top rated smartphones on the market.
6 Best Smartphone Reviews
- Transformative design featuring slide out removable, replaceable battery and modular functionality 32GB of Internal storage and accepts a Micro SD card up to 2Tb (SD card Not included)
- Dual rear cameras 16MP the freedom/1.9 Aperture Camera with laser auto-focus, optical image stabilization and a 2-stage LED flash, along with a Second 135 degrees wide-angle 8MP sensor - Front Camera is 8MP
- Always-on display - see the time, date and important notifications anytime without waking the Phone and screen resolution-2,560 x 1,440 pixels
- Qualcomm quick charge 3.0 and USB Type-C allows the LG G5 to recharge from 0-50% in about 20 minutes, and fully recharge in around 70 minutes
- 5.2 inches Super LCD5 capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, Dual-core 2.15 GHz & Dual-core 1.6 GHz, Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 CPU, 32 GB Internal Storage, 4 GB RAM, Camera (Main): 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, OIS, laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash; Camera (Front): 5 MP.
- Unlocked cell phones are compatible with GSM carrier such as AT&T and T-Mobile, but are not compatible with CDMA carriers such as Verizon and Sprint.
- Please check if your GSM cellular carrier supports the bands for this model before purchasing, *** NO LTE IN USA*** as this is the international model: 2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, 3G: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100, LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500).
- This device may not include a US warranty as some manufacturers do not honor warranties for international items. Please contact the seller for specific warranty information.
- Sony Exmor RS 23 MP main camera with Quick Launch <0.6s capture
- 13 MP front-facing camera with a Sony 22mm wide-angle lens
- 5" Curved edge 2.5D glass display and seamless metal back has a soft feel yet is durable
- 32GB onboard memory and up to 200GB expandable with MicroSD card.
* Last update on 2018-04-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API