Losing weight must not necessarily mean that you have to suffer and be hungry all day long. Having some top protein bars on hand can help you during this process since they contain a high proportion of protein to carbohydrates and fats.
Have you ever noticed how you seem to be hungry after a short while when you eat fruit or salad? That is because protein is what makes you feel full. It also helps to build muscle, and this is important because the more muscle you build, the higher your metabolism. Muscle also takes more energy to maintain than fat in your body, which also helps with weight loss.
But with today’s crazy world, where we seem to have almost no free time available, preparing meals that are high in protein can be a challenge. The best low-calorie protein bars can deliver a good amount of protein in a convenient ready-to-go way. Keep reading our reviews and find out which are the best protein bars for women and men so you can get your stock ready.
Best Protein Bars to Lose Weight Comparison Chart
Protein Bar Buying Guide & Recommendations
The healthiest protein bars will not only include a good amount of protein but also have a good taste. The last thing you want to do while dieting is having to eat bars that taste like cardboard. The best protein bars to lose weight will usually include some extra vitamins or minerals and have a moderate amount of sugar. Try to avoid bars that have over 350 calories since they can quickly add to your daily intake unless you eat them after doing exercise.
- Taste - You should enjoy your protein bars, so get the ones that best suit your palate. Chocolate is available in almost all the top protein bars, but you could always try some different flavors such as peanut butter, or birthday cake.
- Protein - The whole point of buying a protein bar is to have a convenient way of ingesting protein. However, you’d be amazed by how many of them have almost zero protein contents. Make sure you get at least 5 grams in each bar; the healthiest protein bars will contain at least 10g, and the more, the better. Milk and whey are the best kinds because soy can upset your stomach if you are sensitive to it.
- Sugar - If you are trying to lose weight, sugar is the worst thing you can eat. Some bars can contain as much sugar as a Milky Way chocolate, so look for the ones with less than 8g per serving. Remember, you are trying to lose weight, and a protein bar should not be considered a treat or a sweet snack.
- Calories - The Best protein bars for women will contain up to 200 calories, while the ones for men will have up to 300. If you eat the bar after doing exercise, when your body can use more calories, women can up the dosage to 300 calories, and men can go up to 380.
- Sugar Replacements - Some bars will use artificial sugar sweeteners to make up for the low sugar content. Don’t eat these bars, they can cause unpleasant side effects like headaches or joint pain, and can be as addictive as sugar.
- Vitamins & Minerals - Even tough you should focus on the protein content, having additional minerals and vitamins never hurts and can be a healthy plus. The best protein bars can also contain antioxidants to help support your immune system.
Want to gain muscle?
After doing exercise your body is craving for protein to feed the muscles. It is not always possible to eat a proper meal after going out for a jog or spend somse time at the gym, so having a protein bar on hand is a great alternative. Keep some bars stocked inside your gym bag and have one as soon as you finish your workout. Your body will thank you for it and soon your muscles will start to build up.
Not all protein bars are healthy. Just because it has the word protein in it doesn’t mean that the bar you are eating is good for you. Canola oil and cornstarch can be added as ingredients which can bloat you or cause discomfort. The less amount of ingredients listed, the better. You want your bar to be simple and easily digestible.
6 Best Protein Bar Reviews
These are considered the best tasting protein bars by hundreds of consumers who just love the chunks of chocolate it has inside, the drizzles of chocolate on the outside, and the delicious cookie dough texture all throughout. This was made possible thanks to the efforts of nutritionists and chefs who joined forces to create protein-rich bars with an irresistible flavor.
But not only do you get a healthy amount of high protein. Each ZonePerfect protein bar is also rich in vitamins and minerals, containing the following: vitamin A, vitamin B, calcium, iron, vitamin E, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, Folate, vitamin B12, biotin, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, magnesium, zinc, selenium, chromium, and molybdenum.
Eating well, living well, and feeling great is thinkThin’s motto, and each protein bar is full of rich, creamy, decadent fudge flavor and contains 20g of high protein and 0g of sugar, ideal for starting the day, fighting fatigue, or getting ready for a workout. The bars are certified Kosher and GMO-free. If you suffer from Celiac Disease and are looking for a gluten-free protein bar that does not sacrifice taste or quality, this is the one for you.
In addition to the protein, with each bar you have you will also be getting some calcium, iron, and potassium. You will love the texture of these bars; they have a hard outer shell and a soft, dense, chewy, and tasty inside. Another feature that makes this one of the best low-calorie protein bars is that they are certified Low Glycemic. This makes your body digest them slowly, which results in more gradual changes in your blood sugar level.
One Carb Killa protein bar contains a whopping 23 grams of protein and 7 grams of healthy dietary fiber. What makes them stand out from their competitors is that they are certified with Informed-Sport. This means that the product has been tested for a broad range of substances banned in sports and has passed a rigorous certification process. Only the bars that are made to meet the highest quality standards can obtain this certification, and you can be assured that they are free of banned substances according to LGC's world-class sports anti-doping laboratory.
- Certified usda organic, non-gmo project verified, nsf certified for sport, informed-choice for sport certified. Certified vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free
- Refuels and repairs muscles
- Complete multi-sourced plant protein
- Eat anytime throughout the day to replace or in addition to your protein intake
- A Multi-Layer Baked Protein Bar Featuring 20 Grams Of High Quality Protein
- Unlike Hard-Paste, “Taffy-Like” Sports Bars, Combat Crunch Is Like Eating A Soft-Batch Cookie
- 210 Calories, 13 Grams Of Net Carbohydrates, And 12 Grams Of Dietary Fiber
- Clean, Innovative, And Delicious. Combat Crunch baked protein bars are made using a proprietary baking process for superior taste and a softer texture. The bars are high protein with low active carbs and tons of fiber
- 20g Protein. 1g Sugar. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
- Gluten Free. 9g Fiber. Your anytime guilt-free indulgence.
- Goes great with The Office, The Gym, Just Because, Weekend Hikes, Soccer Practice, Beach Days, Coffee Breaks, 6am Flights.
- You're only as old as you feel. Which is great, because ONE Birthday Cake is filled with 20g of protein, giving you the energy you need to perform at your peak. And with just 1G of sugar, you can celebrate morning, noon or night, any day you want.
Your content here...
* Last update on 2018-03-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API