With so many cat owners around the globe, kitty litter boxes have evolved greatly over the years. Whether you live in a confined space and don't want to have to put up with the odors or even if you want to make cleaning up as simple as possible, upgrading to a premium litter box may be a great solution for your needs. Not all of the best litter boxes for cats are designed to perform equally though. For this reason, we encourage you to browse our cat litter box buying guide and recommendations below.
If you simply want to compare litter boxes and quickly find the best litter box for your needs, you should have a look at our litter box comparison chart. We've gathered information about the top litter boxes available online so you can easily find one that does exactly what you're looking for. Along with browsing our litter box comparison chart, you should scroll further down on this page to find our full cat litter box reviews. Keep your home clean and smelling great with the best litter boxes for cats!
Top 6 Litter Box Comparison Chart
|Privacy Hood Included||Sold Separately|
|Dimensions||27.4 x 19 x 7 inches||20 x 14 x 5 inches||21 x 16.5 x 10.5 inches||19.75 x 15.13 x 9.5 inches||17 x 15.5 x 5.5 inches||25 x 19 x 16.5 inches|
|Buy Now||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product||View Product|
Cat Litter Box Buying Guide & Recommendations
While there are tons of amazing litter boxes for cats online, not all of them are made equally. Some are designed to maximize simplicity of cleaning, while others are designed to keep as few odors as possible. We're going to go over some of the major features and perks that you may want to consider looking into when shopping for the best cat litter boxes online. Browse our cat litter box buying guide now to learn all there is to know about buying a litter box online.
- Self Cleaning - One of the largest new trends in the industry of cat litter boxes are self cleaning litter boxes. These allow you to have a much less hands-on experience, while always making sure that your kitty litter is clean. While these units cost much more money, they allow you to go weeks without having to manually empty the litter box. You will still need to empty them on a regular basis, but much less often than non self-cleaning units. These are especially great for people with hectic work schedules or for people who travel often.
- Privacy Hood - The addition of a privacy hood is another great thing to consider for your next litter box. A privacy hood keeps your cat out of sight while doing their business. However, these are not only useful for your cat's privacy, but they also prevent most of the litter from escaping the box while the cat diggs around. This keeps the area around your litter box much cleaner at all times.
- Height - One very important factor to consider is the height of your litter box. If you have a miniature cat or even younger kittens, you will want to be sure that your cat is fully capable of climbing in and out of it with ease. If it's too difficult for them to enter and exit the litter box, this may become an issue for them and they may choose to do their business elsewhere.
- Sifting Litter Boxes - Another huge trend in the kitty litter industry are sifting litter boxes. These units are great because they remain highly affordable, yet they make cleaning up so much easier. You will still have to clean out the cat litter box as often as you normally would, but the cleaning process will take just 1 minute rather than 5 to 10. These units also prevent a lot of litter waste, allowing you to save money in the long run.
- Disposable Litter Boxes - If you travel a lot and often bring your cat along with you, disposable litter boxes are an option worth considering. These very affordable units can be reused several times, but when you no longer want to clean them out, simply throw them away. They are usually biodegradable and not harmful for the environment.
In 2015, reports have shown that there were over 2.17 million tonnes of cat litter distributed throughout the USA and Canada. That's a massive amount of kitty litter and with highly efficient litter boxes, this number can be greatly reduced.
With over 95.6 million cats in the USA alone in 2017, there is great room for improvement. Cat litter causes a ton of waste, but choosing a quality litter box can help you reduce the amount of waste and keep this world a cleaner place.
Now that you know what to look for in a kitty litter box, you should scroll back up to our litter box comparison chart. For an even deeper understanding of our top 3 picks, make sure to read through the best cat litter box reviews below. As always, we encourage you to leave a comment below with your own preferences, experiences and opinions on how to maximize the efficiency of a kitty litter box at home.
3 Best Cat Litter Box Reviews
PetSafe ScoopFree Self Cleaning Litter Box
One of the best products for cat owners if you've got a nice budget is the PetSafe ScoopFree Self Cleaning Litter Box. This unit makes cleaning up after your kitty a breeze and as simple as can be. Simply load up the litter box with litter, let the self cleaning mechanism work its magic for weeks at a time and then empty the tray when it starts getting too full. This system is ideal for people who are often away from home and want to keep their litter box nice and clean with very little maintenance involved. Another factor that makes this one of the best litter boxes for cats is that the crystal litter absorbs urine while also dehydrating waste, which leaves you with practically no bad odors, which are often associated with traditional litter boxes. If you're budget is large and you want to treat yourself to one of the top rated litter boxes on the market, you're going to love the ScoopFree Self Cleaning Litter Box by PetSafe.
The Original Lift n' Sift Cat Litter Tray System
Another one of the amazing options available on the market is The Original Lift n' Sift Cat Litter Tray System. One of the great things about this system is its relatively low price point as well as the simplicity that it provides. As a sifting litter box, you will still need to manually care for the litter box just as often as you would with a regular box, but the cleaning up process takes just under 1 minute. Simply shake out all of the good litter and the waste will remain. Empty out the waste and reuse the remaining litter. This not only makes cleaning up as simple as can be, but it also allows you to save a ton of litter, allowing you to save money and create less waste with every cleaning. This litter box can be used with just about any type of litter and is great for small and larger cats alike. Find out more about The Original Lift n' Sift Cat Litter Tray System and you won't be disappointed!
Tidy Cats Breeze Litter Box Kit System
Brought to you by Purina, the Tidy Cats Breeze Litter Box Kit System is no doubt one of the best all-in-one litter box systems available. This system comes fully equipped with the litter box, the scooper, the pull out tray along with the litter pellets. One of the great things about the litter pellets included in this system is that they make fewer messes than with traditional litter types and they also allow urine to seep through the pellets to ultimately reach the absorbing pad underneath. With all of the urine absorbed under the litter box, odors are almost inexistent, making this all-in-one kitty litter system one of the best available online. If you're looking for an easy to use and affordable litter box for cats, you're going to truly enjoy the Tidy Cats Breeze Litter Box Kit System by Purina.