With so many cat owners around the globe, kitty litter boxes have evolved greatly over the years. Whether you live in a confined space and don't want to have to put up with the odors or even if you want to make cleaning up as simple as possible, upgrading to a premium litter box may be a great solution for your needs. Not all of the best litter boxes for cats are designed to perform equally though. For this reason, we encourage you to browse our cat litter box buying guide and recommendations below.
If you simply want to compare litter boxes and quickly find the best litter box for your needs, you should have a look at our litter box comparison chart. We've gathered information about the top litter boxes available online so you can easily find one that does exactly what you're looking for. Along with browsing our litter box comparison chart, you should scroll further down on this page to find our full cat litter box reviews. Keep your home clean and smelling great with the best litter boxes for cats!
Top 6 Litter Box Comparison Chart
Cat Litter Box Buying Guide & Recommendations
While there are tons of amazing litter boxes for cats online, not all of them are made equally. Some are designed to maximize simplicity of cleaning, while others are designed to keep as few odors as possible. We're going to go over some of the major features and perks that you may want to consider looking into when shopping for the best cat litter boxes online. Browse our cat litter box buying guide now to learn all there is to know about buying a litter box online.
- Self Cleaning - One of the largest new trends in the industry of cat litter boxes are self cleaning litter boxes. These allow you to have a much less hands-on experience, while always making sure that your kitty litter is clean. While these units cost much more money, they allow you to go weeks without having to manually empty the litter box. You will still need to empty them on a regular basis, but much less often than non self-cleaning units. These are especially great for people with hectic work schedules or for people who travel often.
- Privacy Hood - The addition of a privacy hood is another great thing to consider for your next litter box. A privacy hood keeps your cat out of sight while doing their business. However, these are not only useful for your cat's privacy, but they also prevent most of the litter from escaping the box while the cat diggs around. This keeps the area around your litter box much cleaner at all times.
- Height - One very important factor to consider is the height of your litter box. If you have a miniature cat or even younger kittens, you will want to be sure that your cat is fully capable of climbing in and out of it with ease. If it's too difficult for them to enter and exit the litter box, this may become an issue for them and they may choose to do their business elsewhere.
- Sifting Litter Boxes - Another huge trend in the kitty litter industry are sifting litter boxes. These units are great because they remain highly affordable, yet they make cleaning up so much easier. You will still have to clean out the cat litter box as often as you normally would, but the cleaning process will take just 1 minute rather than 5 to 10. These units also prevent a lot of litter waste, allowing you to save money in the long run.
- Disposable Litter Boxes - If you travel a lot and often bring your cat along with you, disposable litter boxes are an option worth considering. These very affordable units can be reused several times, but when you no longer want to clean them out, simply throw them away. They are usually biodegradable and not harmful for the environment.
In 2015, reports have shown that there were over 2.17 million tonnes of cat litter distributed throughout the USA and Canada. That's a massive amount of kitty litter and with highly efficient litter boxes, this number can be greatly reduced.
With over 95.6 million cats in the USA alone in 2017, there is great room for improvement. Cat litter causes a ton of waste, but choosing a quality litter box can help you reduce the amount of waste and keep this world a cleaner place.
Now that you know what to look for in a kitty litter box, you should scroll back up to our litter box comparison chart. For an even deeper understanding of our top 3 picks, make sure to read through the best cat litter box reviews below. As always, we encourage you to leave a comment below with your own preferences, experiences and opinions on how to maximize the efficiency of a kitty litter box at home.
6 Best Cat Litter Box Reviews
- Gray Open Cat Litter Box from So Phresh
- Reinforced bottom and rim design provides extra strength and durability
- Mix and match with the So Phresh Open Litter Box Rims or Hoods, sold separately
- LARGE DISPOSABLE LITTER BOX: (17.5 x 15.5 x 5.5 in) if you are looking for effective ways to keep your cat's hygiene safe, then we got you covered. We proudly present you the largest litter boxes for your lovely kitty! These litter boxes are meticulously designed to have waterproof and leak proof properties. You may rest assured that they won't leak, shred or tear!
- ODOR CONTROLLED: No more unpleasant smells around the house with our odor resistant litter boxes. They will efficiently help neutralize ammonia gases and allow air to flow-through. Made with 100% biodegradable recycled paper, keeps both litter tray and the box dry longer!
- CHRISTMAS IS COMING: The Holidays are upon us. Are you looking for the perfect gift idea for your beloved pet or pet owner? Celebrate the most joyous time of the year with a gift for your pet this holiday season. Your furry friends deserve some holiday cheer, too! Easyology has unique gift items like feeding mats, litter boxes, interactive toys, warming and cooling pads, tunnels, hideaways, Couch Protectors. Find these great gift items for your dog, cat, or furry friend in are Amazon Store.
- EASY TO CLEAN & REUSE: These large and wide kitty litter boxes are extremely easy to clean and keep tidy. Scoop the litter, refill it with sand and reuse for up to 4 weeks.
- Made from ecoFLEX, the Litter Loo will never absorb any moisture! If you cat "misses", it will never soak into the product! Simply wipe away
- Doubles as a functional end table and enclosed pet house, Resistant to moisture, warping, cracking, splitting
- Easy-to-clean, pet urine simply rinses off and doesn't soak in, No Tools Required
- Available in Espresso and Russet
* Last update on 2018-04-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API