As a homeowner, one of the most important things you can do is make sure that your household is secure. This means using a home security system to ensure that no burglars can enter your home without you knowing about it. However, knowing what features to look out for when shopping for the best rated home security systems in 2017 isn't as easy as it may seem.
There are many different features and perks available and there are also many different brands to consider. Whether you want garage monitoring, fire/smoke monitoring or other features such as flood warnings, you will have many different options to consider. We're going to make the buying decision much easier on you by presenting you with the most recommended home alarm systems that include as many beneficial features as possible.
Top 6 Recommended Home Security Systems
How to Find the Best Home Security System for the Money
Knowing what features you need from a home alarm system is crucial. With so many different types of alarm systems available on the market and with so many different options available to select, the decision can quickly become overwhelming. We're going to provide you with a few facts and tips on how to buy the best home security system for the money and that suits you household's needs to perfection.
- Siren - One of the features you should certainly be interested in is a home alarm system that has a siren. This may come as a surprise to some, but not all security systems include a siren. Opting for a siren-featured alarm system is a great idea, especially if the system is not connected directly with first responders. 100 to 120 decibels is usually loud enough.
- Motion Detection - With motion detectors, you will easily be able to know when someone or something is moving in your home. You can usually place them wherever you wish, but one of the ideal placements is near windows and doors.
- Entry Sensor - An entry sensor is one of the best additions to a home alarm system because it's where most break-ins happen. By alarming you every time the door is opened while set, an entry sensor is the best way to keep your home safe at all times.
- Security Camera - With the use of a security camera, you will be able to record what happens in and around your home at all times. Some security cameras only start recording when they detect movement, while others record at all times. Some cameras can even upload all of the recordings to a cloud storage space, so even if intruders damage the security system, you will always have access to the recordings.
A recent study has shown that roughly a mere 7% of home upgrades are for home security. Plumbing and electrical are both at about 30% each, with home automation at 25%. Home alarm systems are not taken as seriously as they should be.
Once you know what to look for, you should return to our alarm system comparison chart above so you can browse the best options available in 2017. We have also reviewed the top 3 options from that chart so make sure to keep scrolling to read our in-depth reviews about the most recommended home security systems on the market. A house isn't a home if you don't feel safe and for a tiny fee, you can add life-changing security measures, making it well worth the investment.
6 Best Alarm Systems For Home Reviews
- Wireless "Do it yourself" home security system
- Monitoring stations are ul-certified with a built in cellular connection
- Unbeatable 24/7 security for just $14.99 each month
- 8-piece Bundle
- iOS and Android smartphone enabled home security system for standard homes
- No monthly fees, no contracts required
- Free phone alerts, text message alerts, push notifications and email alerts when the system is set off
- Do-it-yourself (DIY), Self-monitored and self-controlled product
- Comprehensive Applicability: 8 channel simultaneous live viewing via your smart phone,P2P technology,Capture and Record in your smart phone,Cloud System For Remote Access/Support HDMI Output
- High Image Quality: 960H DVR can provide true color high definition image,900TVL resolution camera provides clear and accurate video footage both day&night, IR-CUT filter provides true color image during daytime IR LEDs privide high quality B/W picture
- Easy to Install: Can be linked through the internet without any complicated port mapping,PC surveillance software and mobile phone client are included, very easy remote network surveillance
- Excellent Material: Metal shell ensure its waterproof and vandalproof provide you a convenient and safe life
* Last update on 2018-04-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API