Getting your hands on the best fetal doppler for home use is a great way to monitor your fetus' heartbeat. Mothers to be are often worried about the general health of their fetus and being able to hear their heartbeat at any given moment is not a luxury, it's a must-have tool. Fortunately, a pocket fetal doppler device is very affordable and fits into most budgets.
However, knowing which baby heartbeat listener to choose from isn't a simple task. Not all fetal dopplers offer the same performances and some can not provide you with highly accurate results. For that reason, we're providing you with a handy comparison chart along with fetal doppler reviews so you can quickly find the best fetal doppler that fits your budget and can provide you with superb results.
Top 6 Ultrasound at Home Devices
Tips for Buying a Baby Heartbeat Listener
There are a few things to look out for when shopping for a baby heart listener. Even if you think you have the best baby doppler, you may be missing out on some perks. Not all fetal dopplers are identical and knowing what to search for will help make your decision easier. We've narrowed down a few features that you'll want to watch out for when shopping for a home sonogram. Make sure to consider the following when comparing the best pocket fetal doppler devices for your needs.
- Portability - A small fetal doppler is often preferred. This allows you to carry it around with you without dragging you down. A portable fetal doppler can easily be kept in your car, on your nightstand or even in your pocket.
- Ultrasound Gel - Most pocket fetal dopplers work best when combined with ultrasound gel. We highly recommend purchasing the Spectra 360 Electrode Gel, which comes in packs of 3 for just $12.
- Built-In Speakers - Some of the best fetal dopplers on the market come with built-in speakers. While this is not a necessity, it can provide additional simplicity. Most dopplers include an input for headphones or external speakers, but built-in speakers allow you to listen to your baby's heart without as many cables or accessories.
- Dual Listening - Only a few fetal dopplers provide you with dual listening capabilities. This means you can plug in two sets of headphones at the same time. This allows both the mother and father to enjoy listening to their fetus' heartbeat at the same time. It's certainly a nice feature to have.
- Recording - If you enjoy using your baby heartbeat listener, you will probably want to keep the audio forever. This is possible with certain dopplers that have recording capabilities.
In 2015, over 60 million USD was spent toward fetal monitors in North America alone.
However, these numbers are tiny. Only a small percentage of pregnant women actually use a home sonogram machine.
Fetal dopplers are an excellent baby shower gift idea. There's nothing better than giving a mother to be, the ability to listen to her unborn baby's heartbeat.
We encourage you to consider all of the tips listed and information listed above when shopping for home dopplers. Using electrode gel is a must in order to achieve the best results and keep in mind that most fetal dopplers are not accurate until 12 to 16 weeks of pregnancy. Browse our fetal doppler reviews below to find out more about the best options currently available on the market.
6 Best Fetal Doppler Reviews
- FDA APPROVED, SAFE, RELIABLE, EASY TO USE - A sensitive, professional detecting probe captures the baby's heartbeat and movements, then displays baby's heart rate on an LCD screen with backlight, all in the comfort of your own home.
- PEACE OF MIND - .Give expectant parents the comfort of listening to their unborn child's heartbeat and movements in the womb.
- TWO OPTIONS TO HEAR - Listen to the baby's sounds either intimately with earphones (included), or on loudspeaker (on the base unit) with your partner, parents, and close friends.
- SHARE WITH LOVED ONES - Easily record and save baby's sound clips to cellphone or computer, then send, share, and listen to the recordings with loved ones, distant relatives and friends.
- 3 working modes with LCD display
- Higher Sensitivity
- Uses 1.5V battery (2pcs, included)
- Fits All Headphones- One jack output for joined listening
- Baby Monitor allows you to hear your unborn baby's heartbeat, kicks and hiccups to help Mommy bond with the baby
- Includes Batteries, Lubricating Gel and English User Manual
- Safe and Non-Invasive. Compact and Easy to Carry
- Great device for Newly Pregnant Couple - Built-In Speaker allows both mom and loved ones to listen at the same time
* Last update on 2018-04-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API